Monday, May 30, 2011

Memoral Day weekend and family

So today is Memorial day a time to honor our brave servicemen for the hard work they have done and currently do. A time to be thankful and give thanks to the ones that died so we can have freedom. And of course this kicks off summer a time to be around loved ones family and friends neighbors etc. But from looking on facebook sadly I see people aren't so lucky. I'm not calling out no names but family members are blocking family members on facebook. Parents are dealing with bad ass kids and parents even dis owning their children all on a holiday weekend that we are spose to come together and give honor and thanks and to be there for one another. So with all this going on between family members I ask myself another question if that's going on are they truly family. That's a question I've asked myself all my life with my family. Sure I have their blood line So they are related to me by genetics. But sadly that's it. Don't get me wrong me and my dad are close. My cousin and I who I'm not going to name on this blog we aren't close close but we have love and respect for each other. Everyone else well they don't exist to me as I don't exist to them. Am I happy about that no I think that somewhere we could of had an awesome relationship and a lot could of came from it. But am I tripping off of it No its their loss not mine. If I had a chance to be close to them and know them would I to this day. Yeah I would. Why because everyone disverves a second chance. Even a third or forth as it maybe. As you don't know what's going on in their personal life at the time to have them be that way towards you and vice versa. Its just a matter if the change is from their heart and soul or they are changing out of guilt and the same with you. So since we established that I have no family really then I must be sad and lonely I mean after all I have a brain injury with nothing going on in my life right. No that's not the case I'm blessed and I have family. I have a life partner who I feel is my husband that I love with my heart and soul. I have what most people would say friends but its actually what I call true family we all look out for each other we love each other we spend time together we are happy when something good happens to one another. That's what I call family if your lucky enough to have a relationship with your blood line that's great if your not its truly no loss to you trust me. Now I've asked myself if the people I described in life are mt family what happens when I move. Well you will meet new people that can be part of your family. I'm not saying now ditch your old loved ones for new. I'm saying the more people the better in your life. I'm not saying you guys will always keep in touch when you move to a new place or even a different place in your life or their life so you guys won't be as close as before. But push comes to shove they have your back and still care about you no matter what still making them family even though they may not seem like it. All I'm saying to me and hopefully to you is don't focus your time doing the hateful bullshit to each other. Instead focus the ones that truly care about you if your blood line is part of it awesome if they aren't that's cool to but no matter what even if I get another brain injury or anything else happens to me I know there will be at least one soul that truly gives a fuck and that's all that truly matters since life is too short no matter what comes my way or your way

No comments:

Post a Comment