Thursday, June 23, 2011

Can our mental state change or beliefs

Part of having a brain injury is the change in mental state you have from the experience. Your whole personality changes. You've become a totally different person. Take myself for example I use to be a stuck up assholes for the most part. Very free spirited and I felt untouchable. To now where I can't really leave my apartment I'm always looking behind me. To I just say what I'm thinking I can't hold that in. And so on So there's a lot. Not to mention I'm also making up for the new things I can do and the basic shit I can't do. Morally I don't think my personal morals have changed if anything my morals have gotten better and I feel I have a lot of insight. I've also found that when you do have a mental change or mental illness that sometimes you actually do things you wouldn't of before both good and bad. As far as them having moral changes I don't think so. Because you see everyone has something in them saying what's right and wrong in their heart. Sometimes with the mentally ill or challenged that they don't understand a situation their mind state is telling them to do something and they have no control over it. For example you know that feeling you get when your about to do something you know is wrong. Well they don't get that feeling. That censor broke so even though an action maybe what they feel is wrong they just can't tell the difference. But if you sit down and ask them what they feel is right and wrong then they will tell you that same thing. They was doing was wrong. So that's why I say even the mentally ill has morals as well. Yeah mentally ill people are doing things out of the norm at times. But a lot of it they can't control. So that's one difference I hope people will learn in people because if people can learn that the mentally ill are the same as you and them and they just have a broken system. Then we all could get along much better and achieve more with one difference we all overcame

No comments:

Post a Comment