Saturday, June 25, 2011

picturing an adult life

Every kid pictures what life would be like as an adult from careers to family to friends etc. Some can be very outrageous like say a socialite on a trust fund. And some are more reasonable like a family kids with an average career nothing special just a normal everyday life. But have any of you ever wondered what your parents life would be after growing up. I did. I thought I could visit them with my family at the house they had. My parents would be happily married and be able to grow old together. Of course deep down I knew that was a joke. But I never thought that my dad would loose his house along with his job at boeing get cancer and have issues shortly after his divorce. And my mother getting an apartment and $400 a month from my dad until she dies or gets married as my dad is unemployed at the same time with cancer. I never pictured my mom not bettering herself and maybe at least admitting to herself and no one else. So she can stop hiding behind god and church and choosing the high and almighty road and feel she wasn't wrong and have everything fall apart in her life where she has nothing. Of course its a mental disorder she has and I can respect that as I have one as well. But I just don't get the whole living a lie thing. And making life on you horrible and the help you receive doesn't help you move forward. So that's a whole totally different adult life with family than what I pictured as a child. So now looking as an adult I pictured the all american family. Am I disappointed. I'm disappointed that things turned out in a negative way for everyone. I'm not disappointed though over the divorce and everything like that and even how I pictured my adult life. Because I've learned you have to roll with life. So its not what you pictured it wasn't ment to be. So now there's new goals and expectations that you set for yourself and expectations on even your parents and kids but if those expectations don't happen just accept life and make adjustments to go with your life and hope the loved ones around them do the same. If they don't then you just have to be supportive no matter what the situation is because its not your life and to stress over something you can't handle is something that would kill you over time instead of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment