Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Facebook age

I often look back at old movies from the 80s 90s and now and is amazing on how far we've came in life. This is just not in personal growth but also how we interact with each other. Every time we turn around we are on our blackberry s smart phone or I phone. Meeting new friends all over the world. That's the good part we can now talk to people globally and all learn how to unite as one and learn about different cultures and get new ideas. But then there's the bad we stay at home don't meet anyone and we just stay to ourselves. I can't say anything I do that all the time. Maybe now that's a good thing in a way. See we are more busier than ever before we are always on the go and there's never been enough time for anything anymore with jobs kids personal errands and engagements. The list just goes on and on. Not to mention that sites like facebook as allowed us to become friends with people that we normally wouldn't even associate ourselves with in our personal lives of course some people may say that's bullshit but if you were to look at some of your facebook friends and judge them on how you would judge them on the street instead of a computer blackberry and I Phone you will see I'm actually right. One day I actually had to open myself up and look at my facebook friends and judge them going would I actually associate with them and get to know them in other places in my life if sites like facebook wasn't around and sadly the answer is No I wouldn't. By doing that it allowed me to actually see more of who I was as a person and go you know what if I can do this on facebook maybe I can do this in other places in my life and So I can truly be the person I was ment to be no matter what is going on in my life good or bad. Because as human beings we need contact even if its through a device like a laptop or phone. Where as back in say the 80s and 90s we would of never dreamed about facebook and how we communate now in the world. For me. I also think for some reason there's a security issue or safety net. You see its easier for me to open up and share things with people I probley never would in a lifetime. Now that's the good part because maybe another human being may be able to learn off of something I did and went through across the world compared to having my experience not change someone's life for the better. Because I beleave there's always someone that's going through what you are or did and they can learn from you just like you can learn from them. The thing I think I need to do now just like everyone else is find an equal balance between my blackberry and smart phone and get more of that actual human contact because in anyway you look at it without human contact you have nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment